Sunday, June 08, 2008

Historical Hamina, Fredrikshamn visit

I had a chance to visit the historical military and harbour town of Finland called Hamina (in Finnish) Fredrikshamn (in Swedish). This town used to the town where I got my Finnish Army officer training, so there are lots of nice memories that will never go away. I had a chance to listen to a historical speech by Martti Korhonen, who is the number one historian of what we call for Kymenlaakso (he has written several books about it). Three musicians performed between the sessions and the place of our enjoyment was what we call "raatihuone" (in Finnish") "radhuset" (in Swedish").

After the speeches, we had lunch in the garnison officers club (the one I had my military training).

Beautiful day with lots of things going in my mind.

No comments: