Monday, September 15, 2008

Back in Dallas after a 30 hour plus travel schedule

I am back in Dallas safe and sound. The trip from Delhi to Chicago was the longest ever to me. It took 15 hours and the flight route was also new to me. The Boeing 777 took off in Delhi, and flew west of Himalayas north, through Russia and east of Finnish border, crossed Greenland at the most northern point I have never experienced. The flight was slightly delayed due to late incoming aircraft in Delhi, so I missed my flight in Chicago. This was unfortunate as I had been upgraded to business class. Oh well, I the flight was only 2 hours long, so considering the fact that I had already been traveling for more than 30 hours, did not make a big difference...

The overall travel time was like this: I started my journed from Mumbai, India on sunday 02.00 PM local Mumbai time. My flight left Delhi around 01.00 AM local Delhi time and then with the 15 hour flight, plus 4 hours until I came home, it is easy to calculate that my trip was more than 30 hours (32 hours).

Overall, the trip was awesome, I now have lots of new friends from different parts of India and I learnt alot from experienced Indians how the market in India is specifically in IT.

No comments: