Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mumbai, India crash course during one day with a car and driver

Saturday morning was very rainy in Mumbai, India 5ue to monsuun rains. I had planned a few hour trip to visit the most famous locations in Mumbai such as "Gateway to India" where the Brits came in and left the country. Also, I had a chance to have english tea in a five star hotel Taj with lovely tomato soup and bread. I could feel and smell the 1800 century when people were having coffee.

I also had a chance to visit Mahatma Ganghdi house were he stayed and worked while visiting India. Other places such as parks, famous railway station in Mumbai, rivers and such was on my visit route.

Fortunately, a good friend Suresh of mine had created a list of places to see (local Mumbai resident) as my driver did not talk english very well. He was very polite, and took me to wherever I wanted to go.

I have to say that I got a good feel of Mumbai, India and the place is large and has lots of people. Mumbai is the fiancial center of India and that can be seen of all the banks that they have.

No comments: