Sunday, September 14, 2008

Flying back to Dallas, Texas: a piece of advice from a traveller

I am on my way back to Dallas. My flight today is Jet Airways from Mumbai to New Delhi and from New Delhi to Chicago. The final leg is from Chicago to Dallas.

The very exclusive hotel Renaissance arranged a driver to take me to the airport and the first question that the driver asked was: domestic or international? I said international of course. The driver said that he doesn' think so. I said that I arrived to Mumbai with codeshare flight with American, operated by Jet Airways and I will assume that I will be flying the from the same airport. The driver insisted that it must be domestic.. So, I decided to call my Executive Platinum desk in US and they were clueless.... So what I did was that I asked the desk what the Jet Airway flight number is and used this to ask the driver to call the hotel which airport.

I was chocked when the driver was right. I am flying from the domestic terminal (very new terminal) which is far from the international and as today Hindus have a huge celebration here in Mumbai, I might have missed my flight without the great service from Joseph, my driver and Renessaince, Mumbai which was my hotel.

So, do not assume anbything, do not rely that your airline knows where you should be (in this case American Airlines) and do let the locals help you when needed.

Thank you Joseph!

No comments: